© Shreya Mathur. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What makes you happy?

07-06-2011

The year isn't going particularly good. One after the other, negative vibes and turn of events hit me in the face. Today is special. In a negative sense, again. It's the worst day of the year. If you really want to, then ask me about it personally, someday. Just mention the date, and I'll remember. And if I am in a storytelling mood, you may get lucky, and find yourself a good tale. But as of now, I'm feeling blue. So what to do?
Here's my personal list of Things That Cheer Me Up: Tried and tested :)



1) Stumble
There's no greater joy than hitting the 'stumble' button and the wait to see what whiff of creativity, beauty, ingenuity or stupidity cajoles your senses, and makes you want to hit the 'I like it!' button so many times that you wish it converts into a 'I love it!' button. (I, for one, really hope, that someday multiple pressings of that button will do this magic!)

2) Sing
Behind closed door, with friends, in the shower, to an audience- whatever be your type, singing (off key, high pitch, preferred) is just the thing which cheers me up like no other, specially on no-internet-no-phone-no-outing days.

3) Watch a good movie
I watched three movies today. Vaastu Shastra (horror) , Blades of glory (comedy) and freaky friday (comedy). I'd recommend watching any movie that you saw a long time back, and loved it. Watching it again has the same therapeutic effect on me as looking at old photos.

4) Create!
Write a story, a, poem, a song, a diary entry. Draw. Paint. Or just mess with the colours. Cook. Anything! Unzipping my creative demons makes me feel much brighter, always.

5) Listen to peppy numbers off the charts
This needs no introduction, right? Currently, the songs on my playlists are on this link Suggest me more, and enjoy!

6) Sleep
When all the world fails me, I go to the world where I am only a spectator. Sleep on your tummy. Alone. On a double bed. Warm cover. Air conditioned. Though falling asleep isn't easy, neither is getting up. Aah, bliss.


The above list works for me when I do not want to talk it out with someone, laugh it out with friends, hug someone, or want any kind of external support. Today is one such day, and this, is what I do on such days.
This is MY list of personal favourites. Tell me, what works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Who's That Girl?

Who's That Girl?
Know someone who completes work, minutes After the deadline, ALWAYS? If not, let me introduce myself. :) If you are what you eat, then I'd be an Ivy Gourd. Or, maybe a Capsicum... But never, ever an onion. Who wants to be an onion anyway? I don't want to make others cry :\ I love deep verses, witty quotes, new words, quirky info, and accidental alliterations (noticed one here?). Sometimes I talk in pairs, for e.g: rhyme and rhythm, songs and dance -all these complete me. I’m thirsty for knowledge, and highly forgetful (pair again). 5 hours ago, writing about me was daunting, but now I can’t stop. Whenever I remember that till now, I have no goal in life, I get scared but still can't care less. Yes, I am a bundle of contradictions with an opinionated mind. But 17 year olds can be awarded this much leniency, right?