© Shreya Mathur. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Random thought: birthdays

Ever since one month was left for my birthday (since January 5 to be precise), I've been thinking about birthdays. A lot.
Personally, I'm a little obsessed with birthdays. Not the parties, certainly not the gifts, not even the feeling of being one year older, but the general victorious feeling of "It’s MY day! "
***      ***     ***     ***
Now that I'm sixteen and 11.5 months old, I do know:
                           ONE person who will turn 17 along with me
                           ONE person who will turn 18, and,
                           ONE person who will turn 91 (now That’s a long life :)
And so, My Birthday has been diluted in its uniqueness by being shared by THREE others. Oh, and of course, Ronaldo does exist, so does Abhishek Bachchan. Ahh, celebs made it FIVE.
                                               
***    ***     ***     ***
There are some people in my world whose birthdays, try as I might, I don't remember. But then there are others, not even my friends, whose birthdays I don’t forget! The irony is that I don't even wish them on that day, even though the whole day a part of my brain is singing happy birthday to them.
                                                ***    ***   ***     ***
When I don’t attend someone’s birthday part, I feel guilty. Does that happen to you? I also think by not being with them on their day of the year, I’m letting my friendship down. Yes, I know that’s too much thinking, but I can’t really shut the brain up!
Cake 1 last year



Cake 2 last year

 

Heh, indulging in a little ego-photography






2 comments:

  1. you had an amazing birthday.......all your friends enjoyed being with you n we all knw u had a great 17th birthday!! :) :P
    Qs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I did. thanks a ton for making it great!

    ReplyDelete


Who's That Girl?

Who's That Girl?
Know someone who completes work, minutes After the deadline, ALWAYS? If not, let me introduce myself. :) If you are what you eat, then I'd be an Ivy Gourd. Or, maybe a Capsicum... But never, ever an onion. Who wants to be an onion anyway? I don't want to make others cry :\ I love deep verses, witty quotes, new words, quirky info, and accidental alliterations (noticed one here?). Sometimes I talk in pairs, for e.g: rhyme and rhythm, songs and dance -all these complete me. I’m thirsty for knowledge, and highly forgetful (pair again). 5 hours ago, writing about me was daunting, but now I can’t stop. Whenever I remember that till now, I have no goal in life, I get scared but still can't care less. Yes, I am a bundle of contradictions with an opinionated mind. But 17 year olds can be awarded this much leniency, right?