© Shreya Mathur. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Songs I am glad I heard in 2011

One song for each month, in no particular order, straight from my heart (kidding, straight from YouTube)
Haven't listen to them? Then follow my advice: please do. Here they go:



1.Lucky- Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
Classy song. I love their overlapping voices. In my mind, their humming lasts long after the song has stopped playing.

2. Give you hell- All American rejects
The ultimate rejection song. I absolutely love singing it out loud with my friends. It's infectious. Addictive.

3. All yours- Metric
I am not a Twilight Saga fan. But always on a lookout for good music, even if found in a "teenage girl's fantasy flick".

4.Emptiness- Rohan Rathod
It's fad is over, I know, but the classics never go out of fashion, right?

5.Electrical Storm- U2
Somehow I'd never heard and/or appreciated U2 before, but this song's accidental discovery changed that. Has been on the loop in my playlist for a month

6.Chasing pavements- Adele
A songs list made in 2011, how can it not feature Adele? Haunting chorus + her voice = OMG.

7.Ganja Babe- Michael Franti and Spearhead
Listen to this in peace, and tell me, isn't it impossible to not love it?

8.Shake it- Michael Franti ft. Lady Saw
On the contrary, this is a peppy song. Yep, Michael Franti has talent. And I have a thing for the Alternative genre, as you shall soon see.

9.Stereo Hearts- Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine
There's something about this song: the lyrics? the rhythm? both, maybe. But it's just freakin' awesome.

10.The world may never know- Dr. Dog
Heard it in a movie. Love the chorus. May take some time for this song to grow on you, but it will.

11.What you know- T.I.
How lifeless is a list without rap. I like how the chorus turns out. And the introduction music is phenomenal.

12.Give me everything- Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, Nayer
For me, Pitbull's latest beats the likes of Akon, LMFAO and Akcent when it comes to party songs of 2011. And they are all awesome. But this one, it has a soul.


Found my list weird? Loved it? Have additions? Or comments? Do let me know, I'm all ears. I like it when you guys respond, however good bad, or ugly it might be. Mail me. :)

5 comments:

  1. you are not allowed to put your stuff in the happy endings. :-<

    that is called selfish.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiii :)

    i FINALLY found some time to come online and i love your new revamped blog <3
    abhi abhi Adele vaala link khola...will try out the others too! thanx :)

    ps-Do i know B-Rod?

    sukriti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    Glad you took some time out... and that you appreciate, thank you!

    ps- yes you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list.agree with it on the whole. :P
    And I have had the privilege to be the 900th visitor of your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete


Who's That Girl?

Who's That Girl?
Know someone who completes work, minutes After the deadline, ALWAYS? If not, let me introduce myself. :) If you are what you eat, then I'd be an Ivy Gourd. Or, maybe a Capsicum... But never, ever an onion. Who wants to be an onion anyway? I don't want to make others cry :\ I love deep verses, witty quotes, new words, quirky info, and accidental alliterations (noticed one here?). Sometimes I talk in pairs, for e.g: rhyme and rhythm, songs and dance -all these complete me. I’m thirsty for knowledge, and highly forgetful (pair again). 5 hours ago, writing about me was daunting, but now I can’t stop. Whenever I remember that till now, I have no goal in life, I get scared but still can't care less. Yes, I am a bundle of contradictions with an opinionated mind. But 17 year olds can be awarded this much leniency, right?